In January, there is one thing we can all agree on. We are SICK of winter! I think after New Year’s it should start to get warm out. I hate the dreary gray skies and sunless mornings. I walked into work today and saw we had new shift dresses out! This made me super excited but at the same time sad that I can’t just put one on now!
The good thing is we can look forward to spring and still eat a big heart-shaped box of chocolates on Valentine’s Day with no threat of bikini-weather. If I was small enough I would definitely be buying this to eat my chocolates in!
Unfortunately it only comes in Girls sizes 2 to 10….
Instead of being upset about this awful weather…I am going to tell you six things WORSE than January weather!
1. Orange and green together. I STILL SEE IT HAPPENING. It’s awful. I don’t know why I hate it so much but it could do with my disgust toward carrots.
2. Clothes that don’t fit right. Whether it’s too tight, too loose, too big, too small. Dress for your body type! If you have a tiny middle, belt your loose-fitting dress so you aren’t swimming in it. If you are tall, make sure that little bandage skirt covers everything it needs to. Listen to Marilyn!
3. Traffic. Trust me. I drive on main roads to get to work during rush hour. It is no fun!
4. Pride. Pride is the hardest pill to swallow and they say it takes giraffes even longer (haha) but it is a deadly sin for a reason. Don’t let your pride get in the way of your happiness.
5. Being cold. Dressing cute is fun but not if isn’t temperature appropriate! Yes, I dream about wearing a Lilly shift now but until it gets warmer I will stick with sweaters! I am a firm believer if you’re too cold you’ll catch a cold. Bundle up!
6. Having your birthday forgotten. This would be SO much worse than dealing with gross January weather! It has never happened to me, but I can’t imagine the pain Molly Ringwald endured. There will definitely be a girl’s movie night to remind me!
Hopefully I have given you a new outlook on this crummy weather. You can now look outside your window and say “this isn’t so bad!” While I may not always have summer, I will always have hope. I will admit I have given up on many things in my life but hope will never be one of them. Let go of your pride and begin to have hope. Trust me, your days will get easier.